For many years, I have been curious about various phenomenon such as teleportation and time travel. I now believe that I understand an integral part of the latter.
Allow me to explain my perspective on time travel and how I arrived there
I was recently writing down the key elements of creating a business plan as part of our strategic planning process, which include these initial steps:
- Write a mission as a company (The why? or our purpose as a company.)
- Write a vision, (The where? Where do we see ourselves in 5 years?, be specific)
- Objectives for 5 years (The what? The architecture of our vision)
- Goals for 1-3 years (The how? The building blocks to reach our objectives)
I thought it a good idea to run through these steps on a personal level as practice before presenting the team. They looked a little something like this:
- My Mission – To learn constantly, teach and inspire others through my positive actions.
- My Vision – I am 34 years old and a healthy, active member of our community.I have a great relationship with my wife, family and friends. I am able to inspire people to live meaningful lives through my ability to do the same and am part of an innovative successful company working hard to implement meaningful change.
… this is precisely the moment my time travel epiphany hit me, like lightning!
*Remember that the year is 2016 and I am currently 28 years old. The above-mentioned visions are of me, 5 years into the future (2021) sent back to myself as my 34 year old self.*
Time travel in action, right?
Now before you think I’ve lost the plot, allow me to explain myself.
I went back to my journal entries from 2014 and noticed on more than one occasion that my entries of my visions and projections, from then, have come true. These include:
- “I will surf my dream waves in Indonesia”
- “I will be a part of a team involved with renewable/free energy.”
- “I will be able to work and travel in exotic destinations.”
- “I will become a better blues harmonica player.”
Why did some of my goals such as; learning to fly, learning to sail and owning a company, not come true? Purely because I wasn’t specific enough when writing them down.
What did I learn from this? It’s only when I took a look at the past, that I learned from my mistakes (In this case, not being specific enough and actually envisioning my goals).
“Time and space are not conditions of existence, time and space is a model for thinking.”- Albert Einstein
My Opinion and Perspective on Time Travel
Time travel is not a complicated physical phenomenon, but rather a state of mind which we are all able to access and use as a tool to create the future we envision for ourselves, as well as learn from our past, taking those lessons with us into the future. It’s Simple.
I have always had a curious mind which has brought me to where I am today. I urge everybody to educate themselves constantly, find someone who inspires you to become a better person, and learn from them how they got to where they are.
I’m interested to hear your thoughts on this topic so please leave a comment below.