Date of birth: 2nd September 1987.
Nationality: Swiss /South African.
Linkedin: Toni Laderach
I am a dynamic person motivated by new challenges and I believe that we can achieve anything if we apply our minds. I love working on projects which offer a rich learning experience and one of my strengths, which can add value to an organization, is that I enjoy looking for ways to improve a situation or environment.
Key Skills and Competencies
- I am a team player and am able to identify key strengths for delegation.
- Interpretation of construction drawings, documentation and concepts.
- Problem solving and finding efficient working procedures.
- Civil Engineering construction management.
- Full professional English proficiency.
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Financial management.
- Keen and fast learner.
Employment History in Civil Engineering and Construction
Site Agent, Mamlambo Construction (PTY) LTD, South Africa
(June 2013-April 2015)
March2014-April 2015: Construction of a 15ML Reservoir at Signal Hill Mthatha. Estimated value. R32 000 000.00 ($3 000 000.00)
September2013-March 2014: Idutywa water supply scheme and Xhora water supply scheme. Combined estimated value. R13 000 000.00 ($1 000 000.00)
June2013-September 2013: Mthatha wastewater treatment works Phase 1B-1. Estimated value. R25 000 000.00 ($2 300 000.00)
Achievements and responsibilities
- General site management and administration. (Financial, HR, Plant, Procurement, Reporting, Scheduling, SHEQ control and management)
- Interpretation of contractual documents, standard and project specifications.
- Team Leadership (40-50 sub-ordinates), motivation and decision-making.
- Identifying, negotiating and utilizing available budgets.
- Bulk earthworks and cement-stabilized layers and subsurface drainage.
- Steel reinforcement and concrete works on: floor panels, wall footings, Inlet and outlet chambers, column bases and columns, reservoir walls with post tension ducts and buttresses, erection of circular formwork, wall bearings, expansion and construction joints including water stop, concrete repairs and screed layers.
- Concrete encasing pipes across riverbeds, installation of reticulation lines, construction of break pressure tanks and testing reticulation lines.
- Manhole construction, laying steel reinforced spirally wound pipes, removal and storage of sludge from the aerobic digesters.
- Surveying and measurement of the works.
Section Engineer, Rumdel Cape (PTY) LTD, South Africa
(January 2011-June 2013)
2012-June 2013: 23km National Road upgrade Green River to Keiskamma River. Estimated Value R340 000 000.00 ($34 000 000.00)
2011-2012: 12 km completion of Langeni phase 3 forestry road. Estimated value: $30 000 000.00
Achievements and responsibilities
- Section administration and management (Reporting, Scheduling, Planning)
- Team Leadership (15-20 sub-ordinates)
- Carbon fiber reinforcing under the outer 12 bridge beams using hanging scaffolding.
- Widening the Keiskamma Bridge on the National route across six spans (140m).
- Assisting on culvert extensions in the Keiskamma river pass.
- Layer works in road construction including the Cape seal.
- Assisting in the design of an under beam access cage.
- Survey horizontal and vertical alignment on roads.
- Construction of concrete v-drains.
- Earth reinforced walls.
- Subsurface drainage.
- Road lab assistant.
- Batching concrete.
- Pioneer layers.
Student/Practical, Rumdel Cape (PTY) LTD, South Africa
2010-2011: 23km District Road to Zithulele mission Hospital. Estimated value: $24 000 00.00
2008-2010: (12 weeks total). Survey, Subsoil drainage, construction of pioneer layers in road layer-works, earth retaining walls.
University of South Africa, Correspondence, South Africa
Bachelor of Technology, Civil Engineering (Major in Construction Management)
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
National Diploma, Civil Engineering
Hudson Park High School, East London, South Africa
National Senior Certificate
- The next generation of infrastructures” online course – TU Delft
- ’World education’’ and self -study. (In progress)
- Entrepreneurship lessons. (Practical)
- Swiss military training. (RS)
Certificates and Awards
- GCC (General Conditions of Contract) and CPA (Contract Price Adjustment) course 2015.
- TEFL (Teach English as a Foreign Language) certificate.
- SPA (Surf Proficiency Award) lifesaving South Africa.
- Fitness award in the Swiss Military.
- National senior certificate (Matric).
- Valid drivers license.
Other Work Experience
- Dec 2015-Present: Assistant, Holy Cow Gourmet Burgers, Switzerland. (Part time)
- April 2015- Present: Online English Teacher, Topica Native, Vietnam. (Part time)
- October 2014: Creator, Pizza Oven Construction, South Africa.
- Sept 2013-Feb2014: Partner, Mafuta Trading startup, South Africa.
- 2008-2009: Education Instructor, Fezulaka outdoor education, South Africa. (Part time)
- June2007-Dec2007: Soldier, Schwiezer Armee, Switzerland.
- March2006 – June2007: Kitchen fitter, Oester-Küchen AG, Switzerland.
- 2004-2006: Sales and marketing, Mr Butcher, South Africa (part time)
Interests and hobbies
- The natural world and the discovery of ancient technologies inspired by the natural world.
- Traveling and exploring the great outdoors and various cultures.
- Creative thinking, philosophy and the human mind.
- Entrepreneurship and business.
- Body boarding and the ocean.
- Sports, health and fitness.
- Music, design and art
- English Mother tongue
- German/Swiss Semi fluent
- Afrikaans Semi fluent
- Xhosa Basic